Paul Read brings commercial awareness and a deeply personal approach to family law. Paul joined Paradigm Family Law in 2019 after many years as a specialist family lawyer in Central London. Paul is aptly described in the 2019 Legal 500 as “Excellent.” A former client and multinational CEO said, “Paul grasped the real issues in my case phenomenally quickly. Absolutely fantastic.”
Paul is highly experienced in the following areas:
- Divorce and the dissolution of civil partnerships;
- The financial implications of divorce and dissolution;
- The financial implications of separation where the parties are co-habitants but not married;
- Pre and post nuptial agreements;
- Disputes concerning children following the breakdown of a relationship;
Applications for a child to live in another country (jurisdiction) following the breakdown of a relationship – “Leave to remove applications.”
Paul advocates a conciliatory approach wherever possible, viewing court as an arena of last resort. However, where necessary, Paul is a fierce and strategic litigator with a fantastic network of Queen’s Counsel, Barristers and Experts at his disposal, built up over many years of practice in central London.
Paul has appeared many times on national television and radio as an expert commentator in family law. Before practicing as a lawyer, Paul worked for a global media and finance company and ran his own successful business.